Zucchini ragu is an easy sauce, perfect for spicing up a noodle dish, baked pasta or for making lasagna.
Zucchini ragu can be used to spice up a good fettuccine dish
fettuccine, to enrich baked pasta, lasagna or can be used as a filling for a delicious potato casserole. Give free rein to your imagination and use this sauce for a thousand different recipes.
• 0.667 g zucchini
• 117 g tomato puree
• 25 g sofrito
• Celery, carrot, onion
• 17 ml of white wine
• Fine salt to taste
• Pepper to taste
• Extra virgin olive oil to taste
• Basil to taste
• In a large frying pan, pour a little oil and fry the celery, carrot and onion.
• When the frying is ready, add the zucchini cut into very small cubes and fry over high heat for 5 minutes.
• Deglaze with white wine.
• Once the alcoholic part of the wine has evaporated, add the tomato puree, a glass of water (approx. 200-250 ml), salt, pepper to taste and add some basil leaves.
• Cover and simmer the sauce for half an hour, stirring from time to time.
• The meat sauce is ready! Let it rest for a few hours before serving to enhance its flavor.
• The zucchini ragout can be used in simple ways, for example a fettuccine dish, or it can be used to make lasagna.
Buy all you need at www.siciliaexport.com